Wednesday, October 25, 2017

That was a lot of rain in a short period of time last night!  I measured 2.84 in. this morning.  A station in Groton got almost 4 inches, but that was the most I have seen recorded this morning.  Some places close by - Greensboro, for instance, got less than 1 in.  It sure came down hard, but we needed it badly and everything looks dust-free and fresh this morning.  Looks like it could be another mild and very pleasant day, at least for a while. I haven't heard the news, but last night there were power outages because of the strong winds.  My reading here was 23 mph as the highest, but we are protected except from the SE.  I think this was a SW wind.

No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...