This is a sad/happy post. We were sad to learn earlier this week that Tom Beattie had suffered a severe stroke last Saturday. He was rushed to NVRH and then flown to Burlington where he was in ICU, unable to speak or move his right side. The happy news is that he has steadily improved, regaining movement and is now able to speak and recognize people. Today he will be moved to Mt. Ascutney Hospital in Windsor for rehabilitation. Pretty amazing considering the severity of his condition over the weekend.
We are glad Tom has made such a strong comeback and wish him a very speedy and full recovery. He's in good hands and has lots of friends and family rooting for him.
Tom will be at Mt. Ascutney Rehab for at least six weeks,
and I'm sure he would appreciate hearing from friends, so send messages
and cards to him at: Mt. Ascutney Hospital Rehabilitation Unit, 289 County Rd., Windsor VT 05089.
Thursday, June 23, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's Autumn in the Kingdom!
First of all, I goofed last week and somehow a message from Barry Cahoon with an update on our milfoil successes this summer failed to get p...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
-
It is always sad when I have to report that someone close to the Joe[s Pond community has passed away. I recently learned that a long-time J...
No comments:
Post a Comment