Thursday, September 10, 2015

Here's something I know you'll all enjoy a lot.  It came to me via Butch Bouchard, whose son, TJ, made the video.  Click HERE, turn on your speakers and enjoy a great presentation of Joe's Pond!  Thanks, Butch for sharing, and TJ for allowing us to post it here.

I am very pleased to tell you the mystery camp has been identified.  It was built in 1910 (not sure who built it, but I'll try to find out), Andy Rudin's parents honeymooned there and like it so much they bought it in 1937!  Now I've been able to let Rachel, whose parents also honeymooned there in 1930 and went back for their anniversary a year later, know something of the history of the place and that it still exists. Sometimes the stars seem perfectly aligned to give up these odd bits of information so everything comes together.  I know my contact will be pleased to know her parents were not the only couple to have a special connection to the place.   

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...