Thursday, May 28, 2015

Ice Out Tickets Available for 2016 Contest

We've had a busy day, and got a lot done.  It was cooler and not as humid, and that helps.  We got a little rain, but in between showers there was some sunshine, too.  The black flies are still out and eager to feast on my blood.  A little over a week ago I was bitten several times, including in back of my ear, and the following morning I woke up with severe vertigo.  I don't know if that was what actually triggered it, but I do know I have often had pretty severe reaction to those bites.  I try to steer clear of the little pests as much as possible.  I still do my walk up the hill except when it's very hot, and as long as I keep moving they seem to leave me alone.  No stopping mid way up the hill to smell the apple blossoms or catch my breath these days - I just keep chugging right along so they won't use me for lunch.

We picked up the Ice-Out tickets from the printer today.  Here's what they look like this year - pretty robin's egg blue!  Fred and I got those for our members counted out and ready for pickup.  Joe's Pond Association members will find theirs in an envelope at Hastings Store. (Every member is asked to sell or buy 10 tickets.) The boxes of envelopes will be in plain sight - usually on the table at the right as you go into the store, each envelope labeled.  I'll be leaving them off tomorrow, so I'm not positive where they will want me to place them, but I'm sure you'll find them.  

For non-JPA members, I will also leave a good supply with the store, so ask for them at the counter.  If you are not in the area and want tickets, let me know.  E-mail me, janebrown@fairpoint.net or give us a call - either me at 802-563-2381, or Diane Rossi at 802-563-6088.  We'll be happy to send you some.  It's fun to have them on hand during the summer months when people are visiting - or to give someone as a little surprise in a birthday card or just a fun thing to do.  It's curious how people react to receiving them - like it's a really generous gift.  Of course it could be if they turn out to be a winner.    

We hope you will all join the fun of getting into the contest.  or myself.  

No comments:

Update & Request

 Marti Talbot, Carolyn Hamilton's sister-in-law, emailed me this morning to thank everyone who has reached out to Carolyn while she'...