Saturday, October 18, 2014



 When we were coming home from Cabot Friday night after setting up for the silent auction at the Apple Pie Festival, the sun was just setting and we got some nice shots from the cemetery on the Plain.  That's Camel's Hump at the far right of the photo, then the Worcester Range and the hills on the west side of Cabot in the foreground just beyond the bare maple trees of the Spaulding sugar orchard.

Then, this morning while I was getting ready to leave for Cabot, Fred got some nice sunrise shots from our front deck.   The sun wasn't out very much today - just a few minutes here and there before the rain poured down about mid-day.  I think, judging by how wet Woody was when he came in a few minutes ago, it's still raining.  I won't have a measurement until tomorrow morning.  I could go out and measure it tonight just to see how much we got during the day, but unlike our cat, I don't like getting wet.  Besides, I may have some snow to report tomorrow . . . !  It's always exciting to report the first real snow accumulation.









No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...