Tuesday, September 09, 2014

I received a nice photo from Sonja Decker this morning, taken last night - she titles it, "Moonlight in Vermont."
Thank you, Sonja - that was a "super moon," for sure.  Nice shot.

I noticed a shadow moving across the lawn outside my office window a few minutes ago and realized there was a large bird, probably some kind of hawk riding the air waves high above.  A little later, I spotted it again, but had only a very short time to grab the camera and find it, and was able to get it focused with a little zoom before it went behind the trees out of sight.   I can't tell what kind of bird it is - it was very high and in the picture it doesn't show up well enough.  But here it is, anyway.

For those of you who have been wondering what, if anything, is happening to the Joe's Pond Country Store that has been closed since the owner Jeff Down's death in September, 2013.  We've learned it has been sold to a young couple living in Danville.  We'll keep you posted as soon as we know more.

No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...