Thursday, February 13, 2014

 THIS KIND MESSAGE CAME TODAY - I'M SURE HOMER AND MARGARET WON'T MIND MY SHARING IT HERE:

WE WANT TO WISH YOU A.......
" HAPPY   VALENTINE'S   DAY "
                            LOVE AND BLESSINGS,
                                HOMER AND MARGARET
I also received the following from Andy Rudin, in Philadelphia:

Hello Jane,
 
We are now getting all of these weather types in one day.
Basically, this city is SHUT DOWN !!
I feel like I am living in Adamant, Vermont all over again.
I was there from 1967 - 78.
 
There are, however, two things that happen this time of year that give me lots of hope.
One is seed catalogs, even if I don't order any seeds.
The other is the renewal application for our boat license.
 
Andy
 
We are just beginning to get snow - the temperature has been rising steadily from the teens this morning into the mid-20s now.  We are getting most of the snow tonight into tomorrow a.m., but it is very welcome in the mountain ski areas and even here for those who like to snowmobile.  We should have an exceptionally nice Valentine's Day weekend - lots of snow to play in and as long as everyone is careful on the highways, it should be fine.  Fred took the above picture late this afternoon, before it had snowed much.  As you can see, we don't have high banks along West Shore Road; but by tomorrow at this time, they may be a good bit higher.
  

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...