Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Good news!  Bella is home, safe and sound.  Here's what Kristin sent to me this morning: 


Jane,

Thank you so much for posting that information on the blog for me. Bella did return last night around 11. We are so thankful to have her back. I really appreciate everything you and Helen have done for me and Bella. I let Helen know that I really enjoy being here at Joes pond this is a wonderful place to live with an amazingly helpful community. Thank you so much for everything.

Kristin Brooks

We are very happy Bella is home.  I bet she had a wonderful time exploring - but she is also probably a very happy kitty to be back with her humans where she knows she can take a much needed nap without any fears. 

Some of you will remember that a while back we posted a message from Eric Hansen, who is trying to raise funds for a new loon nest platform for Joe's Pond.   We now have an active link with a place to donate - click "Donate Here" under the loon picture on home page.  It's automatic and if everyone donates, even a modest amount, the goal of $800 should be reached easily.  You can also keep track of how much has been donated by clicking the donate button. 

Also, don't forget to vote every day for your favorite kitty picture on the Kingdom Animal Shelter Calendar Contest . 
I looked at the results of voting so far and it's plain that #10 has a large number of responders voting.  There are other very nice kitty photos there, too, and they all deserve to be considered, so take a look and vote for the one that you think should be the "cover kitty" or at least have a page on the calendar.  Personally, I think they should all get to be in the calendar!  Let's do a collage, Kingdom Animal Shelter People!

Our roofers are back this morning, and they are in for a very hot day up there on that roof.  There is a pretty nice breeze out of the west, but it won't help much in the excessive heat.  It's just past 9 o'clock and already up to 75 degrees in the shade.  I am not going out to find out what the temperature is in the sun, let alone test it on a hot gritty roof!  

I measured .28 in. of precipitation from yesterday's rain.  We had some distant lightning in the early a.m. hours, but the storms were apparently far enough away so we didn't hear thunder at all.  Just as well - I think we may get some violent storms later today.  Watch the sky and take cover if storms seem imminent.  Be safe.

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...