Saturday, June 01, 2013

This is certainly perfect Joe's Pond weather!  The day has been hot and perfect for being on the pond.  Of course, it's nice up here on the hill, too.  I walked early this morning, but it was already too hot for me.  I've had lots to do here in my office today, and have stuck to it so I feel I've accomplished quite a lot.  Files build up in my computer and every now and then I have to redistribute or I'd never be able to find things.  I've never liked filing of any kind, and I'm afraid keeping the files neat on my computer is not one of my favorite tasks, but after I've finished a project, I try to neaten things up a little before I move on.

I've been filing photos - the old fashioned way, in albums - this week, too.  Homer and Margaret stopped by a few days ago and gave me a whole bunch of photos of Ice Outs past and some of the social gatherings at the Association pavilion.  Great shots, and I've now got them organized in a couple of albums - one for Ice Out and one for other Joe's Pond Association stuff.  I'm planning on adding some of the one's Fred and I have taken over the years, too - but those are all on my computer, so I'll need to print them.  That's part of the filing process I'm going through right now.

I had this nice note from Homer (I know, he likely sent it to at least some of you reading this, too), but I wanted to share his enthusiasm.  Here's what he wrote:  


HI -
    WE SURE ARE ENJOYING THE WEATHER NOW.   LOTS OF DIFFERENT DAYS SINCE SUE AND THE KIDS ARRIVED.
THEY SURE HAVE DONE A LOT FOR US.     EDGED THE LAWEN,    POWERWASHED THE DECK AND PORCHES,   ALSO THE PONTOON BOAT AND THE RAFT.    CAN NOT BELIEVE WHAT THAT POWER WASHER DOES !
    POND IS REALLY BUSY.    LOTS HAVE STOPPED TO VISIT AND WE HAVE ALSO BEEN ON SEVERAL PONTOON BOAT RIDES.    THIS SURE IS A GREAT TIME TO BE HERE WITH SUE AND THE KIDS.     THINK DOUG IS COMING TOMORROW.
WE ARE GOING BACK TO BARRE TUES. NIGHT OR WED. A.M.
HOPE TO GET BACK HERE OFTEN.    LOVE IT !
                    HOMER AND MARGARET
Yep, Homer's a dyed-in-the-wool Joe's Ponder, for sure.  You should have seen how tickled he was on Saturday when Tom presented him with a Joe's Pond bumper sticker!

Watch out for storms tomorrow.  We'll be following the weather tonight on WCAX.  Today we've been seeing predictions that the storms that have hit the mid-west area so hard are headed this way, and while they probably won't be tornadoes, there could be lots of rain and wind associated with it.  Just be aware and stay safe.

Some of you will know Mary Encarnacion who was our neighbor.  Mary died this winter and her memorial service will be tomorrow, Sunday, June 2, at 2 p.m. at the Sayles Funeral Home in St. Johnsbury, in case you might want to go.  I'm sure Don and the family will appreciate seeing Mary's friends and neighbors there. 

Also, if you're wondering what's going on at the pavilion today, it's the Ray Walker wedding.  I'm sure they are very happy the weather turned out so perfect for their special day.  We wish them the very best.

No comments:

Spring and Reminders

This has been a busy weekend for me. I think the nice weather brought out not only the buds on trees and flowers, but it energized people. I...