Friday, June 14, 2013

Graduation exercises for the eighth grade of Waterford School were very nice last night.  They were held at the St. Johnsbury Academy gymnasium.  We took lots of photos, and a movie of the processional posted to YouTube.  I will make a slide show with a few shots of the graduates, but I haven't had a chance to do that yet today.  Kizoa that I normally use was not operating well when I was trying to work with it this morning.  I'll try again tomorrow.

Many of the graduating class joined other students from Waterford School in the band and played Soaring! - doing a very nice job.  The band also played the traditional Pomp & Circumstance for the graduates entering and leaving the auditorium.  Very nice.  

We were struck by the ease with which the students spoke; each one had perfectly prepared their speech and delivered it with assurance and grace.  They all seemed very well rehearsed and there were no fluffs or stumbles, in speaking, singing or accepting awards and diplomas.  Impressive young students.

I have learned that Bentley's Bakery is on the market because it is part of a five-year plan of  owners Jeff and Nancy.  That is good news.  Apparently the business has weathered the Route 2 Project reasonably well.  We're told Jeff has retired and Nancy is anxious to retire as well so they can move on to the next phase of their life plan.  We wish them well.

I heard from Chico Carcoba today.  He sent a photo Sharon had taken of their resident loon.  Their family will be just a little later than ours, apparently.  Can you see the loon - just a head sticking out of the bushes on a tuft of turf?  Good shot, Sharon.  Let us know how many eggs hatch and when.

No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...