Monday, June 11, 2012

Fred went to recycle in Wolcott this morning.  I asked him to pick up some tomato plants for me, and he ended up at the Urie's Stillmeadow Farm in Craftsbury.  They have a greenhouse there, and some woman Fred spoke with in Hardwick recommended them.  The plants are very strong and healthy looking, but I was surprised he had gone so far out of his way to get them.  It's a beautiful day and that's especially nice countryside out in the Craftsbury region.  I made a short slide show of where he was.  The first slides were taken on Brickett's Crossing Rd., then in Hardwick.  He went from Hardwick up Rt. 14 to turn off for Craftsbury and eventually found the greenhouse, on Urie Road.

The picture on the right is Eligo Lake, Fred said.  I thought it might be Hardwick Lake - but it's on Rt. 14, whichever one it is.  I'm not that familiar with either of those lakes, but they are both long and narrow, and very pretty.
 
Now I'll need to get out and get the plants in the ground.  My garden is doing a little better, but I'll need to replant a few things.  These next few really nice days should help a lot.  I've noticed a fair number of farmers have cut their first hay, and I think it's pretty early.  They will certainly get a second crop this year.

No comments:

Milfoil Report

Eurasian Watermilfoil information from Barry Cahoon,  JPA Response Coordinator,  9/18/2024           I suspect most, if not all Joe’s Pond ...