Saturday, February 25, 2012

Update on the weather -
It's been snowing quite heavily all afternoon and the roads are slick. In the past half hour I've heard about a horse trailer that rolled on I-89 northbound, people hurt and horses loose; minutes after that call there was another rollover reported on Route 15 in Walden - near the bridge in front of the town garage. Rescue vehicles are having to be very careful because of road conditions, and traffic has been stopped at the scene.

Just now there's a report of a vehicle on the guardrails on I-89 southbound. This may go on for a while - it's still snowing quite hard and there's some wind. Temperature has fallen to about 22 degrees, so things are icing over. It's a good night to stay home if one doesn't need to travel.

No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...