Saturday, September 24, 2011










In case anyone is wondering, we're getting some pretty nice colors in our maple trees in this area these days. Every day the colors are more brilliant. We're in a stretch of warm and somewhat rainy weather, but that seems to make the colors stand out even more. The morning fog and drizzle will probably burn off later in the day and we'll have some sunshine, then a few showers in the evening.

The area's Fall Foliage Week is coming right up. Area towns will be hosting festivities Sept. 26-Oct. 1, starting with Walden on Monday, then Cabot and on to Plainfield, Peacham, Barnet and Groton. Look for the fliers in area stores that have details and numbers to call for lunch and/or dinner reservations.

Danville's, Autumn on the Green is Sunday, October 2. That will be on the grounds near the school, I believe, the same as the fair was this year. It worked very well having it there.

I see the pictures on the blog are back to being displayed as they always were - I guess Google was just tinkering with things or something and it was a brief glitch that they were displayed differently. I'm not savvy enough to have changed anything, so I can't take either credit or blame.


No comments:

Spring Mix!

I started this a couple days ago but got kind of busy and never got back to it. I had posted about the Route 2 construction, but that notice...