In case you missed the report on WCAX abut the new flooding problems in Cabot, here is a short video of that:
More Rain Damage in Cabot
Thanks to Bonnie and Peter Dannenberg for sending that link to us.
Unfortunately, we are getting more rain again today. So far it seems to be light and steady, perhaps not coming down hard enough to wash away much more of the new materials used to repair the initial flash flooding a little over a week ago, but it's still depressing for already stressed work crews, many who are volunteers, trying to put the town's roads back together. There is added stress throughout this town and many others as residents and town officials deal with busted budgets and government red tape, trying to find ways to recover from this disaster.
Saturday, June 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Buttoning Up for Winter!
When I mentioned a couple days ago that there will be a turkey dinner served in Cabot on Saturday, September 26, I didn't have all the i...
-
This has been a chilly, rather dull day. Having to set the clocks back last night made everything a bit topsy-turvey today, I suppose, but ...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
No comments:
Post a Comment