When I mentioned a couple days ago that there will be a turkey dinner served in Cabot on Saturday, September 26, I didn't have all the information - but I do now!!
Saturday Sept. 26 - Cabot Church Turkey Dinner . 5 - 6:30. Turkey, Mash Potatoes, Stuffing, Gravy, Squash, Rolls, Cranberry Sauce, Desert. Dine in or dine out. $15. 802-793-6486 to reserve a meal.
This is always a delicious dinner. I'm hungry just thinking about it! Two great church suppers on the the same night - that's a hard choice to make - chicken pie in North Danville or turkey dinner in Cabot. So Diane and I are going to do both. We've had that dilemma before and getting both just means the most important choice we have to make is which one do we eat on Saturday and which one is saved for another night! I usually put one in the freezer for a night when I'm needing something really good and don't have the energy to cook. (I have a few of those, especially if I'm working at my computer and lose track of time. It gets to be 7 o'clock and I realize I'm really, really hungry, but also really tired. Getting out one of those dinners from the freezer is so rewarding. Way better than the packaged frozen dinners I usually keep on hand for such nights.
I've been very busy today doing what would have taken me only a couple of hours a few years ago. Today with frequent stops to "rest and reconsider" I managed to get all my house plants in from the porch - inside for the winter. That doesn't sound like much, but there are three very large "trees" and two smaller ones, plus three "normal size" plants like my sansevieria, oxalis, and a peace lily. I had a couple others out there that I brought in a while ago - a spider plant and a small hoya. These plants get moved outside gradually each summer - the bigger ones go out every summer as soon as we're safe from frost, but the smaller ones get put out when I think they need some extra sunshine or fresh air - or I just want to get them out of the house. I can mist all of them with the hose out there, and that's really convenient. Taking them in is usually done almost all at once - when there's danger of frost. Some years I've covered them for a week or two when nights got really cold, but that's a lot of work, especially the big ones that are taller than I am. So I decided to just haul them back inside. They are all on rollers so it's easy except for getting them over the track for the sliding door.
Tomorrow is recycling day, so I had to get that ready for Jamie and Marie to pick up, and in between, I've answered some emails and worked on some archival stuff for the historical society. It's been a full day and I'm ready for a bite to eat and some TV - I am mainly interested in the weather. Now that I have my plants all inside I expect we'll have some really nice, warm weather! You can thank me later!
No comments:
Post a Comment