Thursday, February 10, 2011


Another nice day. We have some high fluffy clouds that blot out the bright sunshine from time to time, but mostly it's been very nice and the temperature is climbing - almost to 20 now. There is a fair amount of wind that is blowing around the 1 inch of very light snow we got overnight, but I don't think it's causing any problems.

Fred got some nice pictures this morning after he'd been out to clear all the driveways. We wanted to be sure ours was ready for the oil truck - but so far it hasn't shown up. It could be because of the bad accident on Rt. 2 which I heard about on the scanner just after 9 a.m. The report was that a milk truck and a "regular truck" were involved and it happened about a mile west of Danville. We'll hear more about it on tonight's news, I'm sure. Rt. 2 was closed to traffic for at least an hour from what I could gather from the scanner chatter. That one inch of snow is just enough to make things slippery all over again. It was very dry and fluffy, but with the temperature at about 12 degrees earlier this morning, there was no melting going on and salt wouldn't be working much.

I am able to send emails again this morning. I wasn't aware there was a sending limit on our FairPoint email accounts, so for the JPA mailings, we've set up a new account: joespondvt@gmail.com. The limit there is 500 (I assume for 24 hours). I try not to send off a lot of mass emails, but sometimes it's needed, like yesterday. I will be sending another batch soon from the new address to be sure it's going to work as hoped and so you'll all have it in your mailbox. Some of you may need to allow it or it will bounce.

I received lots of responses last night - some property owners had already had their roofs done and others were able to report they'd made arrangements. I also heard from Scott Ackermann of Cabot - one of the men available to shovel, and he had already heard from someone here and will be working at Joe's Pond today. He also told me he is available to take care of nuisance animals such as beavers, skunks, raccoons, etc., that may be prowling or bothering a neighborhood. He is a licensed trapper - his dad, Walt, was a game warden for many years, so Scott knows about these things. I believe both Scott and his brother, Ben, are our neighbors a little way up Cabot Plain Rd. I think they do some logging, too. Good neighbors to have!

Here are the photos Fred took: Slides

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...