Tuesday, October 20, 2009


This came last night from Ted Chase:

Thought we should share this magical picture I took over the weekend. In 20 years I have never before seen this sensational color in a sunset. Ted

Nice photo. Looks like a candidate for Sharon Meyer at WCAX - thanks, Ted.

The red glow coming into our bedroom at about 7 o'clock this morning woke me up. I dashed for the camera and rushed outside to take these two shots. Minutes later the sun was behind the cloud bank and once again it's a dreary day.

I don't recommend taking pictures outsid
e in one's nightgown when it's only 35 degrees. I was glad to have the nice fire Fred had going. I was struck by the similarity of colors in all the photos, including our fire.

For those of you not familiar with Joe's Pond, Ted lives on the east shore, while Fred and I are on the west shore. The views are entirely different, just as the perspective from my house is way different than what people who are at water level see. I don't have the water reflections that are really awesome. We all appreciate the beauty of our surroundings, though. The foliage may be gone, but we still have beauty everywhere - even when it's all white. The snow pictures will be coming soon . . .
(Don't forget to click on the photos to enlarge them.)

No comments:

Update & Request

 Marti Talbot, Carolyn Hamilton's sister-in-law, emailed me this morning to thank everyone who has reached out to Carolyn while she'...