Sunday, August 23, 2009

I've just made my CoCoRaHS report - .01 in. of rain in the last 24 hours. I'd expected much more from listening to the weather forecast. It's interesting to see what other areas get in comparison to our area. I watch the Washington/Caledonia County maps to see what other observers have reported. Here's where I report: CoCoRaHS.org

Another interesting site is
National Hurricane Center
It should be fun to watch over the next few weeks during increasing hurricane activity.

Now I need to begin putting things together to take to the JPA meeting this afternoon. It's incredible that the summer is over and people have already begun to pack up and leave. There are quite a number of Joe's Ponders who hang in there well into the fall, and then there are the hardy souls who live here year around who wave "good-bye" to friends and neighbors every fall and eagerly await their return each spring.

It's looking much like fall in the village. At the Joe's Pond Craft Shop, Deb Stresing has lots of late-blooming flowers, inside and out. The shop will remain open through the holiday. After Christmas, Deb closes up and retreats to her cozy home to concentrate on her weaving, sketching and crafting, replenishing stock and soul before another busy summer.

Remember that today is our Fall Meeting of Joe's Pond Association, and it's at 2 p.m. There are interesting things to discuss, so try to be there. The minutes will be posted within a day or two after the meeting, so check the JPA pages on the web site.

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...