Sunday, July 19, 2009


I'm actually adding this bit of news after I'd written the blog below and signed out. I just found this notice in my mail:

Axel ("Father of Peace") James Pearl arrived around 10 PM Saturday, July 18, weighing in at 8 pounds and 22" long.Axel, Logan, and Isaac are doing well and thrilled.
We are off to see this new wonder...! Liz
Elizabeth A. Sargent, Danville and #3 Joe's Pond Island.

We send a big hug to baby Axel and best wishes to all his family. Liz later sent the photo above. What a cutie!
*****

We're optimistic about the weather - looks like we're headed for a really nice week ahead, with summer-like temperatures! Today is beautiful, nice breeze, not too hot, and best of all - bright sunshine. Well - most of the time.

Son Bob was just here on his mountain bike and heading for the rail trail. He was wondering if he'd beat the rain that seemed to be hovering over Walden. He connects to the trail by taking Brickett's Crossing Road and then Upper Harrington Hill Road and it's a few hundred yards down that road. He could also continue on Upper Harrington Hill Rd. to Pond View Road. I haven't been down that road recently, but it should intersect the rail trail. It used to connect what is now West Shore Road with Harrington Hill Road, but the bridge has been gone for years and the road was thrown up past the old McCormick farm (which was later owned by the Platts and is now owned by the Helfands), making Deeper Ruts Road a dead end. He will end his ride in St. Johnsbury.

Good news - the runaway buoy reported last week is back in place. Jamie and Bob (Dimick) rescued it from the cove by the Johnson cottage and got it back on Smith's Point. Bob said the snap hook had failed, but he thinks it should be okay now.

I'm headed for the historical society museum this afternoon. It's open from 2-4 p.m. every Sunday during the summer months. I'm hoping to finish photographing items for our inventory. It's been a long process, but I think we're finally finishing it up - today I'll be doing small, very old and very delicate items in three large display cases. Some are photographs, and I may bring them home to scan - although, I may be able to get good enough photos of the photos. We don't like to handle these things too much. I'll take my white gloves . . .

As I finish this posting, the sun has gone behind a lurking cloud - but I'm pretty confident the nice day will return. In the meantime, I hope everyone is able to get outside and enjoy.




No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...