Friday, July 17, 2009

Some news reporter I'd make - we (Fred) took pictures Wednesday of the block in St. Johnsbury where the fire was last week and I completely forgot about them. Here they are: Main Street, St. Johnsbury

I think the appearance of Main Street will be forever changed, but the new buildings erected after the fire a few years ago on Railroad Street are very nice and fit into the over all town design very well, so probably the same thing will happen this time.

Fred took advantage of what little sunshine we had today and mowed the lawn. We also had the septic tanks here and at camp pumped. B & B Septic came. We have used B & B before, and now they are under new ownership. The two young men who came today were very efficient and got both jobs done in no time. We will see them again in about three years, I guess.

Did you get the reports about the tornado last night in the Chelsea area? That's what I was hearing about on the scanner. Lots of wind and hail damage there. We had our usual afternoon/evening shower, only tonight it was pretty heavy rain for a little while. We seem to be spared the really violent storms so far, fortunately.

We learned last week that Jack and Jill Dowd have sold their cottage on Sandy Beach Road to Brad Rouleau of Barre. I believe Brad has already taken possession. We're sorry the Dowds are leaving, but I guess Joe's Pond was just one place too many for them to look after. We welcome Brad and will be getting in touch with him right away.

Tomorrow is the Stars and Stripes celebration in Lyndonville, if you are looking for something fun to do. I don't know what the weather is going to be like, but I hope there are at least a few hours without showers.

No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...