Monday, July 20, 2009

I received this e-mail this morning:

Hello Jane,
My name is Lynda Poole. I am Peggy Brickett Hosmer's daughter at 136 Otis Drive. I have spent a few weeks of every summer of my life here at Joe's Pond. I am up from Naples, Florida on break from my teaching job. I got this very rare photo yesterday in front of John and Joe Hall's camp. 5 Loons all together!!!! Michelle Parker called Ray and he said to watch out there may be a Territorial fight start up! Just thought all might enjoy the pictures!
P.S. Hope you are enjoying the sunshine I brought with me! LOL, Lynda
Also thanks for all you do! It means a lot to me!

Many thanks to Lynda for the two pictures above AND for the nice weather she brought with her! Wish she had come in June . . . ! I think it's nice all our loons are getting along, though. That's Joe's Pond or you. It brings out the best in all of us.

Fred is working outside this morning and I'm making cookies. Can't get much more domestic than that. We're both taking a break for a few minutes to check our e-mail, and then back to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jane:

The picture of the loon gathering reminded me that we have seen this too on a couple of occasions over the years. The story I heard some place was that they fly in from neighboring ponds to visit and take turns as host! Don't know if that is true, but there are many less surprising things in the Wild Kingdom.

-Tom Morgan

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...