Saturday, March 14, 2009

Fred went to recycle in Hardwick this morning and took pictures along the way. As some of you know, there have been times when Hardwick has seen very high water. The river seems to be flowing well right now with no ice jams.

Today was the day for getting your dogs registered - they have a clinic each year in various spots where you can have your pets get appropriate shots and registrations. Hardwick had it at the fire station this morning.

At the end of this slide show is a picture of the menu outside Claire's Restaurant in Hardwick. We've heard some good things about Claire's, but haven't tried it yet.
Here are the slides. Hardwick, March 14

While Fred was gone, I made some Irish soda bread and some cookies to take to a neighborhood party tonight. Perhaps we'll get some pictures. It's always fun to have something going on this time of the year - St. Patrick's is sort of a bridge from winter to at least the possibility of spring, so well worth celebrating, especially this year.

I sent off some Ice-Out tickets to my friend in Tacoma, Washington today. We've sent lots out, all over the nation, and they have been coming in pretty well. I expect lots more in the next couple of weeks - we're closing in on the end of the contest - April 1st - so if you want to get into the game, be sure you get your tickets at one of the outlets or print them from the web site. I'll also mail tickets to you, but time is getting short, so if you want me to do that, let me know right away.

No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...