Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Another cold day. I'm sure lots of you who have Ice-Out Contest tickets are wondering how the ice is doing, especially when every day I tell you what the temperatures are here at the pond. I asked year around Joe's Ponder Kevin Johnson, and here's his report:
I fished this past weekend and the ice is still almost 3 feet thick - I would say about 32 inches on average. The narrows are open and it's starting to open up a little where the brooks come into the pond but we still have a long way to go!

There you have it. Thank you, Kevin.

For those of you who are waiting until the last moment to fill in your tickets, this may give you something to work with. We are expecting much warmer weather in another day or so, and if that storm out of the mid-west does what forcasters say it will, we may get some rain, but apparently not a lot.


No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...