Sunday, November 30, 2008


Some of you will remember that some weeks back I reported that a rather strange looking woman had burst in, uninvited, to Jenny Larrabee Rafuse's baby shower. The uninvited and highly questionable "lady" was reportedly shooed away, but not before someone got a couple of very good pictures. I'm told her name was Blanche . . . and there's a vague familiarity about her . . .

Now that I've actually seen "Blanche" I can understand how the ladies at the shower may have been slightly put off by her sudden appearance. Looks like she at least brought a very practical gift. She could really use some facial waxing, thugh . . . and looks like her hand wasn't too steady applying that lipstick. I gotta say, she had it all together . . . love those earrings! She was obviously happy to be there! I hope the ladies weren't too hard on her.

I received the pictures from Jenny along with this note:

I thought you might like to have these...we all thought they were VERY funny.....
Anyway, no baby yet....I think she thinks it is too cold! We will keep you posted!
Jenny (Larrabee) Rafuse

*****

Just a quick weather report - the pond has stayed frozen over except for the narrows where the current is more swift. We have a storm bearing down on us from the south bringing rain, sleet and snow - pretty much a repeat of what we had about a week ago. This may change the look of things as far as the ice is concerned, or because of our elevation, we may get more of the ice and snow. At this hour it has just begun to snow.

We met Bill and Monika for breakfast in St. Johnsbury (at Anthony's) this morning and there is absolutely no snow there.
After breakfast we went out to Bill's house in Waterford to talk about wedding plans and even there we found only patches of snow - nothing like West Danville and Cabot Plain. Fred took a couple of pictures as we came down to Concord Avenue - in the photo on the left you can see just a little of the WSTJ Radio station, the dark red building just right of center in the photo, and the lovely layers of hills to the north of St. Johnsbury. The photo on the right is looking across the valley to The Farmer's Daughter Gift Barn on Rt. 2.

No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...