Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm taking a minute this morning to let our Joe's Pond friends know that we're still getting snow while in the lower elevations around us there is a mix of rain or sleet, and I expect the roads are slippery. Our thermometers are reading 35 degrees, and the snow that's falling is wet making moving it a chore. The branches of our big firs and spruces in back of our house are weighted down and Fred said it was slow going with the snow blower this morning. There's a lot of wind, too, so we could be without electricity at some point. Therefore, I'm going to get busy and make my pies today, just in case.

We're having some of our neighbors in - it's become sort of a Thanksgiving tradition over the years for us to get together. Son Bill and Monika will be with us, but the other two boys and their wives have other plans.

Fred and I wish everyone a lovely Thanksgiving, hopefully with your friends and family. I'm sure we're all thinking of so many people who are less fortunate than we and have reached out to help in whatever way we can. We wish you good health and happiness and that you travel safely. Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...