I'm taking a minute this morning to let our Joe's Pond friends know that we're still getting snow while in the lower elevations around us there is a mix of rain or sleet, and I expect the roads are slippery. Our thermometers are reading 35 degrees, and the snow that's falling is wet making moving it a chore. The branches of our big firs and spruces in back of our house are weighted down and Fred said it was slow going with the snow blower this morning. There's a lot of wind, too, so we could be without electricity at some point. Therefore, I'm going to get busy and make my pies today, just in case.
We're having some of our neighbors in - it's become sort of a Thanksgiving tradition over the years for us to get together. Son Bill and Monika will be with us, but the other two boys and their wives have other plans.
Fred and I wish everyone a lovely Thanksgiving, hopefully with your friends and family. I'm sure we're all thinking of so many people who are less fortunate than we and have reached out to help in whatever way we can. We wish you good health and happiness and that you travel safely. Happy Thanksgiving!
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's Autumn in the Kingdom!
First of all, I goofed last week and somehow a message from Barry Cahoon with an update on our milfoil successes this summer failed to get p...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
-
It is always sad when I have to report that someone close to the Joe[s Pond community has passed away. I recently learned that a long-time J...
No comments:
Post a Comment