Tuesday, October 28, 2008










It was kind of like watching the opening of the TV series a few years ago, Northern Exposure - you know, where the moose saunters through downtown. We had one stop to munch on the young maples that line our driveway (we've blamed the deer for keeping them cropped, now we know better) and, as we watched, it came up the drive, walked right past us as we stood just outside our garage door, and after calmly checking us out, continued past Fred's wood piles into the woods, headed towards Jamie and Marie's house. I'm guessing it was a female, and the rear end showed quite a bit of gray, so it might not have been a youngster - and it was pretty big! No rack, though. Truly not one of nature's most handsome beasts, but interesting. The excitement is over; I'll go back to my morning coffee now.

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...