Wednesday, June 18, 2008


We went to Cabot today to deliver to the historical society some of the material I've finished working with. I went first to the library to pick up a book I needed, then met Cabot Historical Society President, Bonnie Dannenberg at the CHS building. After we unloaded the car, Fred took a stroll down Main Street in Cabot and took pictures while Bonnie and I discussed my next projects. I've made a slide show of Fred's shots and most of the
pictures are self-explanatory. Bonnie had more work for me to bring home, so I'll continue to be busy scanning and archiving.

It was a lovely ride to Cabot and back. There seemed to be a lot going on in town. In the short period of time we were at the historical society building, at least a dozen trucks from Cabot Creamery went by - most seemed to be the ones carrying the whey. There was quite a bit of other traffic, and quite a few people around.

The historical society rooms aren't open to the public yet, although Bonnie is there often during the week to clean. On Sunday afternoons we're going to try to finish the inventory of our collections. Anyone who wishes to help is welcome to come - bring a digital camera if you have one, and we'll put you to work. We'll be there from 2-4 or a bit later. We are getting more items in all the time - wonderful family collections of photos, journals, diaries and utensils from the past. Visiting there is truly a step back in time, and we appreciate so much when people donate Cabot-related items for the collections.

Here are the pictures Fred took today.
Slides

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...