Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I'm constantly being taken in by weather reports. Last night on the 6 o'clock weather there were clouds and rain forecast for every day this week, with unusually low temperatures - which translated to soggy and cool for me. This morning we have brilliant sunshine, ideal temperature of 70 in the shade - what could be nicer? Of course, the old saw, "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute," may apply. The day is young yet.

In the meantime, I've checked my e-mail and was very happy to have another of Joyce Rogers's photos - this time a moose. Of course. Joyce has captured all the big critters on film and about all that's left are the smaller wild things - bunnies, squirrels, foxes, skunks, etc. - abounding in our environment . . . and I'm betting she takes pictures of them, too. This moose, belly deep in grass and dandelions, was at Molly's Pond. I'm not sure when the picture was taken, but I assume earlier this spring. Molly's Pond has lots of shallows and swampy land on its shores and no cottages, so it must be paradise for a moose like this fellow. Thank you again, Joyce.

As I write, the day seems to have deteriorated a little. A few more clouds are moving in - so perhaps the forecasters were right after all. We have off and on dimming as the clouds pass over the sun, and there are patchwork shadows moving across the hills. There may be something more lurking up there, but right now we are enjoying beautiful weather. We've been very fortunate here at Joe's Pond. Surrounding areas north and south of us and west of the Green Mountains have experienced heavy storms, flooding and hail damage. So far, we've escaped.

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...