Monday, June 09, 2008

Another really summery day here at Joe's Pond. We went into St. J. this morning for haircuts and it was very warm there. We were glad to get back home. We learned today that the Walden Country Store and Homemade Pizza on Rt. 15 has closed. I haven't been able to reach them by phone, but I was able to e-mail them to express my surprise and let them know we'll miss them. Their pizza was very good, and I enjoyed going in there this spring on Ice-Out business. They sold quite a few tickets for us. Nice people. Mary at Hasting's Store told me this morning they have had the place for sale for a while and since it hasn't sold, they decided to close. They have small children and I guess the restaurant business was too demanding and they wanted more time with their children. Mary wasn't sure where they were going or what they would be doing. She thought Tammy, who worked for them, has gone on to another job.

We still have our own Country Store, though. I'm told Jeff Downs turns out a nifty pizza at the Joe's Pond Country Store, too.

Fred is mowing the lawn this afternoon. It sure grows fast this time of the year. I am trying to get caught up with things here at my desk, sorting through whatever I have completed of the historical society project so I can get the albums back to them for the summer. At this point I'm making lists, indexes, labels and putting finishing touches on whatever I can that's finished. It will be good to get the boxes and albums out of here so I can move around in my limited space again.
*****

Cabot Recreation: Summertime Community Walkabout

The Cabot Recreation Department invites you to enjoy our beautiful surroundings and get to know our community in the company of others. Beginning Friday, June 20 and continuing each third Friday of the month through October, join your neighbors for an easy, pleasant walk and community potluck afterward.

This month's walk will begin behind the Wiley Building at 6:00 pm and end at 3292 Main Street, at the home of Cathleen, Lars and Isabel Maine-Torres where the potluck will take place around 7:30. The walk should take just over an hour; plan to stay as long as you like for the potluck - Smores for kids. (If you are staying for the potluck you can drop your dish off before hand).

Do you have a favorite walk you'd like share? Email Lars at lars@mixedmedia.us

Summary:

Who: Everyone is welcome
What: Cabot Recreation Summertime Community Walkabout and Potluck
Where: Alternating locations around Cabot - ideas welcome!
When: Every third Friday of the month beginning Friday, June 20
More info: Call Lars at 563-2757 or email lars@mixedmedia.us



No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...