Sunday, April 13, 2008

More Misery

We expected a dull day today, and of course some of us knew we'd probably get snow, but darned if it hasn't snowed off and on all day, and the thermometer is hanging right around 30 degrees. As I sit here at the computer, there are big fluffy snowflakes falling - kind of lazy, like they have no place in particular to go so might as well fall here at Joe's Pond where there's lots of snow for company. To make matters more painful I just opened an e-mail from Liz Randall on Long Island. I'm sure she intended to lift our spirits, and given a little time, I'm sure it will, but at this minute I'm content to be grumpy that she has flowers and all we have is snow.
Here's what she says:

HI!,
SPRING IS IN IT'S FULL GLORY HERE ON THE ISLAND, THOUGHT I'D WALK AROUND OUR YARD AND TAKE A FEW PICS... JUST THINK WE ARE A MONTH AHEAD OF YA'LL.,
SO BY MAY 13TH CABOT SHOULD LOOK LIKE THIS? MAYBE.......SOME OF THE PICTURES INCLUDE:
STRAWBERRY PLANTS, PEAR, APPLE AND PEACH BLOSSOMS, PEONIES, BLEEDING HEARTS (NOT IN BLOOM), DAFFODILS, CHRYSANTHEMUMS COMING UP IN POTS FROM LAST YEAR??, FORSYTHIA, PURPLE IRIS, TULIPS, HYDRANGEA, WHITE MAGNOLIA JUST POPPED YESTERDAY, PINK MAGNOLIA ABOUT TO POP, PETUNIAS
and HOSTAS.
Click here for a slide show from Liz: Liz's Flowers

Thanks, Liz - the pictures of your garden really do make me happy and I'm sure others will enjoy them, too. We'll catch up and you can come up here and enjoy another spring in a few weeks watching the flowers bloom here in the Northeast Kingdom.






No comments:

Spring and Reminders

This has been a busy weekend for me. I think the nice weather brought out not only the buds on trees and flowers, but it energized people. I...