Thursday, February 07, 2008

More snow!

It seems as if it has snowed pretty steadily for the last couple of days - sometimes heavier than others, but this morning Gary Sadowsky said Burlington
got 18 inches of new snow, so I would say we're at least in that general area. While other locations were getting rain or a mix yesterday, we got only snow. There is still very fine snow falling outside my window and it isn't going to taper off until this afternoon. The weekend will bring more snow.

I had a message this morning from Jack and Sue Lague:

Sue and I are currently in Durango, Colorado (southern Colorado in the San Juan mountains) and they have a boatload of snow out here - 85 inches at the base and huge piles of snow everywhere!! We had about 2 feet of light, fluffy, powder on Saturday and Sunday and the skiing for the last few days has been fantastic.

Jack LaGue

Thanks for getting in touch, Jack - I guess you're on a ski vacation, so how about some pictures?

We can see we can barely see the pond this morning, and it's one of those all black and white days.


I also want to remind everyone to
check on your roofs if you have buildings here - the snow is deep and quite heavy, and with the ice that's probably still under everything from last week's storm, those old timbers could be groaning under the weight. If you don't have anyone to do that for you, look on our home page (www.joespondvermont.com) under "Services" and you'll find someone, I think - or let me know and I'll give you some names. I took this picture of the back door of our garage. Fred's wood pile is in the background. You can see the snow buildup on our garage roof, and it has a pretty good pitch. Fred will be out there with the roof rake this afternoon or tomorrow - before the next round of snow comes.

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...