Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Lots to post today! I have several notices that you may be interested in. Those people living in Cabot know that Doug Harvey, who stepped into the position of Town Clerk when Chris Kaldor passed away suddenly last summer, is not going to continue as clerk. To my knowledge, there are at present two people running for town clerk, R. D. Eno, who many of you already know, and Tara Rogerson. Tara has sent this introduction:

Hello, my name is Tara Rogerson and I’m asking for your vote for Cabot Town Clerk and Treasurer at the March 2008 election. My husband, children and I recently moved from Worcester to Cabot this past year, and we have appreciated the openness and welcome from our neighbors. I am thankful for this opportunity from Jane Brown to post a little more about myself on her blog, and would also like to thank Velma White, assistant Town Clerk, who has graciously agreed to stay and extend to me her knowledge and experience as I get my bearings during this transitional term.

Since January of 2002, I have worked at the Vermont Department of Taxes as the Administrative Secretary to the Commissioner and several Directors of the Department. As one of the few live voices readily available to the public, callers often look to me for immediate answers – whether or not the issue is directly related to tax. As a result of years of public service I have learned to navigate State agencies and municipalities, and developed long-standing relationships with those who understand the details behind your questions so that I can relay accurate information to those who need it.

Not surprisingly, I have attained a considerable understanding of tax issues that matter to you, including State property tax adjustments, homestead and domicile questions, current use, and property transfers. I have also been afforded the flexibility to self-manage long and short term projects of varying complexity, including the Department website and Biennial Reports (http://www.state.vt.us/tax and http://www.state.vt.us/tax/legalbiennial.shtml respectively).

As I continue my prelaw education at Woodbury College, I look forward to the prospect of working closer to home and family. Adept at juggling continual demands, and unerringly meeting established deadlines with the professionalism and courtesy that should be expected of a public servant, I have no doubt that my experience and comfort with taxpayer education would be of considerable benefit to the residents of Cabot.

Again, thank you for your consideration and please feel free contact me if you have any questions - I live in town right next to the Post Office, or you can call me at 563-2623.

I have also rec'd the following notices. You will need to click on them to enlarge tie images.


Now I have something that is really fun. Click here:




Einstein the Bird

No comments:

Spring Mix!

I started this a couple days ago but got kind of busy and never got back to it. I had posted about the Route 2 construction, but that notice...