Friday, February 22, 2008

I've had lots of e-mails today, many from the group that is producing a newspaper in Cabot with an on-line as well as printed version. The name will be "The Cabot Chronicle" - not really original as there have been at least a couple newspapers by that name published in Cabot in the past, none of which was long-lasting. Perhaps the new one will have more success. I am not a part of this group, but I have agreed to send them items of interest from the Joe's Pond area. There will be an article about our Ice-Out Contest in the first issue, expected to publish in early March. I'll have more information for you later on as things get rolling.

Late this afternoon I received a forwarded message, one very much like one that came to me a few months ago. I put a message on the blog to let people know it was pure fiction, but just in case anyone missed it, I'm posting my response to this latest version:

THIS IS AN OLD SCAM YOU ALL SHOULD KNOW ABOUT BY NOW. EVER HEAR "IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT PROBABLY IS"? BEFORE SENDING THIS STUFF TO ALL YOUR "FRIENDS" YOU SHOULD CHECK IT OUT. READ THIS: http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/m/msoffer.htm

I'LL POST A MESSAGE ON THE "LOCAL NEWS BLOG" ON WWW.JOESPONDVERMONT.COM SO OTHERS WILL BE REMINDED THAT THE BEST WAY TO HANDLE MOST FORWARDED MESSAGES IS WITH THE TRASH KEY. YOU HAVE A BETTER CHANCE AT WINNING IN THE JOE'S POND ICE-OUT CONTEST!

Take care, everyone. Drive safely, give your best friend a hug, and enjoy every day like you're a kid again.

P.S. - I just checked my webmaster e-mail and look what I found! If this doesn't take away the winter blahs, I can't imagine what will. Bill Hamilton sent it to me and he calls it "Island Sunrise." You can just make out on the right the dock and trees on the big island as you are looking down the lake from Bill's house. Beautiful shot, Bill, thanks for sharing. Can't wait for the snow and ice to leave so we can see the sunrise reflected in the water of Joe's Pond again.

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...