Saturday, February 23, 2008

Nice morning - sunshine and snow showers! I keep looking for the rainbow . . .

With the sun shining brightly on the white snow and snowflakes drifting down lazily, we begin to think spring might actually be "around the corner." Yesterday was raw and cold, I don't think temperatures got out of the teens most of the day. And we had snow most of the afternoon. Driving was awful - again. So today seems like a step in the right direction although on the thermometer outside my window it's still reading only 20 degrees and it's almost high noon. I'm sure it's nicer in the sun, though.


Our nephew, Dean, who lives in Guilford, CT, sent this slide show. He also sent a picture of one of their witch hazel bushes explaining it as "when spring meets winter. I think they may have had more snow there than usual - and it stayed longer than usual. Some of you in that area will identify, I'm sure. I think it's a pretty area - and hopefully their "budding spring" will creep our way soon.
Slides

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...