Friday, November 16, 2007

Winter May Be Here!

Or maybe not - it depends. We remember last year when winter didn't really get here until January. It sure is pretty this morning, but it's one of those snowy, gray days when everything is unusually quiet. Not much traffic going by, mostly trucks heading to a work site somewhere beyond us or folks going the other way to Route 2 and probably to work in St. J. or Barre o Montpelier. I expect the roads were a little slick earlier in the day, but my scanner isn't working, so I haven't been able to find out what's going on. It's an old scanner - my father's. He liked to have it on when roads were bad. I do the same, then I worry until all the family and neighbors are safely home. I also turn it on when I see emergency vehicles go by either on W. Shore Road or over on Rt. 15. Later today I'll try re-programming the scanner so it doesn't get stuck on Channel 7. (Above, looking down W. Shore Road from our driveway. Right, our apple trees and lower lawn.)

Fred was out pretty early this morning and took some pictures. He was a
little concerned about Woody, the cat, as he wasn't in the house and there were no tracks leading to or from his kitty door. Fred went up to see if he was visiting at Jamie and Marie's, but didn't find him. On the way back he saw Woody tracks following in his footsteps to our house and when Fred got home, Woody was fast asleep in his window box. Fred got a picture of the new puppy, Otto. He's growing rapidly - Jamie and Marie will need to upgrade his bed to the next size pretty soon, I think. With some coon hound in him, we're wondering what sort of voice he'll have - could be distinctive! (Right - Otto Pilot Dimick.)

Now I need to get back to work - I have things waiting for me here on my desk as well as household chores that often get neglected while I tap away at the computer. Fred is working downstairs. He learned this week the arrival of his wood supply for 2009 has been delayed a few days, so he doesn't need to get out into the snow just yet. It's still snowing lightly, though, so perhaps by evening he'll have to get the snow blower out for our driveway. We aren't planing to go anywhere, and we aren't expecting any deliveries, and by tomorrow the snow may all be gone! So we're going to enjoy the weather from inside.


No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...