Friday, November 16, 2007

The official "change of seasons" has happened at Joe's Pond.

We have snow. The Town of Cabot plowed for the first time. Fred used the snow blower for the first time this season. The snow boarders and skiers were out at Killington (and probably other spots, as well). Burke Mountain is opening on December 8. Tonight WCAX gave the first ski report. I have yet to see the first snow mobile - I guess there isn't quite enough snow in most places yet, but here at Joe's Pond and in Walden and other high altitude spots, I guess there would be.

I had a request today for 20 Ice-Out Tickets - folks are beginning to get serious about the contest and winning that $4,000+/- jackpot.

I'm not convinced the snow will stay - we haven't had many really cold days to cool the ground enough, but that could change, of course. I still need to put some protection around a couple shrubs here at home, so I'm hoping temperatures moderate a bit so I can get that done. I know I should have done it weeks ago, but the weather was so nice it seemed like I had plenty of time.

We had lots of wind along with the snow today - it looked pretty wintery outside, but actually it wasn't all that cold until later in the day when it got into the 20's. Right now we have a reading of 25 degrees.

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...