Wednesday, October 10, 2007

YOUNG AUTHOR'S WORK PUBLISHED

The work of Emma Davitt, Shelburne Vermont Community School, sixth grade student and granddaughter of Ray and Cyndy Rouleau, West Shore Road, Joe's Pond, has been published in two prominent Vermont newspapers, The Times Argus and The Burlington Free Press.

Emma participated in the Young Writers Project that encourages young people from all over the state to improve their writing talents and publishes the best submissions. Here is Emma's poem:

SAY WHAT?
By Emma Davitt

You're sitting in the Coffee Shop
Everyone's abuzz
On the phone,
Or talking,
Singing,
Laughing,
Coughing.
You can't help what you hear,
Their voices hushed,
But clear,
"She said this . . ."
And
"He did that!"
Say What?
Say What?
It's fun to sit and listen
To
All of that jabber.
"And I was like . . . !"
"And then he said . . . !"
Say What?
Say What?
Their words mean nothing to you,
And you pretend you don't hear,
But really you're just sitting,
Listening to what you hear.
Say What?
Say What?


Congratulations to Emma Davitt. Nicely done! Say What?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm Emma. I just wanted to say that I really appriciate that you put my poem on your website. My mom told me that my grandmother, Cindy, told me to go onto Joes Pond's blog. And here it is! Today I had a party at school, my language arts teacher said that we would have one because I got punlished, it was so much fun! Thanks again,
xxoo
Emma

Spring Mix!

I started this a couple days ago but got kind of busy and never got back to it. I had posted about the Route 2 construction, but that notice...