Friday, August 03, 2007


This is what everyone is talking about (see my earlier post below). I was ready to get on with my day (away from the computer) when I checked my e-mail one more time and I had this picture and a message from Evelyn. I'm naming this picture "Pond Scum." (Click if you dare - it's disgusting!)

Update:
Neil Kamman from DNR is coming at noon and will take a look at our mystery vegetation, but after viewing it himself this morning and gathering a sample for Neil, Ray seems to feel it is just something that he and Kelly Merrill had seen while snorkeling a couple years back on the pond bottom… It is very gross, but odorless, and Neil is not alarmed… but after his visit I will report back to you all about his conclusion.

Thank you also to Jamie, he also thought it could be the stuff that is harmless and grows on the pond bottom in sunny shallow areas. There has been lots of Jet Ski activity (even swimming) in that area and this can get kicked up easily. Evelyn.

No comments:

Spring Mix!

I started this a couple days ago but got kind of busy and never got back to it. I had posted about the Route 2 construction, but that notice...