Saturday, August 04, 2007

I guess most of you know Danville Fair is going on today. Fred and I will be going this evening to hear the BelAires play (son Bob is playing keyboards for them tonight). Bob hasn't played with them for a while, but their keyboard player couldn't be there tonight so he's filling in. It's always fun to listen to them. Turns out, it's "oldies played by oldies!"

Andre LaPrade contacted me today to let folks know there will be lots of special items in the silent auction on Saturday, Aug. 11. One of the items is pretty interesting - Jack "Woody" Woods who is chef at the Creamery, is offering a catered dinner for 24-26 people. I don't know all the particulars of how this works, but it seems like a great opportunity for a party! John, as many of you know, lives out past the Cabot Plain Cemetery. We know he has a rather large portable BBQ/kitchen unit, so the possibilities loom large. There will be details at the auction. If you don't have your tickets for the pig roast that night, better get going and contact Dave Parker and Michele (684-3358).

Cool evening - perfect for fair-going! Did you know it's never rained on Danville Fair? - Well, that's what Jane Larrabee told me once years ago. Could that be?
I've been to lots of Danville Fairs, and I don't remember ever having rain . . . hmmmm.


No comments:

Update & Request

 Marti Talbot, Carolyn Hamilton's sister-in-law, emailed me this morning to thank everyone who has reached out to Carolyn while she'...