Wednesday, February 14, 2007

This is payback time for all that nice weather we experienced back in December . . . According to the weather forecasters, this will be an old fashioned blizzard type storm like we haven't had in a couple of years. I took these pictures at around 3 p.m. on Wednesday VALENTINE'S DAY! I've just come in from shoveling and Fred has taken a break from snow blowing, but says he'll be back out again by evening in order to keep our driveway clear.
Because the temperature is holding close to zero, the snow is dry and light - at least in this northern part of the state. Further south there may be more complications with heavy wet snow and ice.

That top picture is Fred's log pile. It's about half of what it was originally - you can see where the rest of it is in the next photo.

That's all new snow you can see on top of the black tarp.

I've taken lots of pictures from our
front deck over the past months - there's always something changing, but seldom anything new or surprising. I never fail to appreciate the beauty of where we live, even if it's sometimes a lot of hard work. Blizzards are a pretty normal event, so most of us know how to deal with the wind and snow. That's Fred, dealing with the snow in our driveway.

Now we can settle in and accept winter. For a while I was getting e-mails asking if the Ice-Out Contest will still be held, and I told people spring will come around right on schedule as it always has, in spite of the warm start. I hope now with "real winter" here, folks will feel a little more secure about making a guess as to when the clock will stop. I wish everyone luck. Contact me or Diane Rossi if you want more tickets. The places you can pick up your ticket locally are listed on the web site.

Happy Valentine's Day

No comments:

Update & Request

 Marti Talbot, Carolyn Hamilton's sister-in-law, emailed me this morning to thank everyone who has reached out to Carolyn while she'...