Wednesday, January 10, 2007


It's with great pleasure I post this picture, taken this morning, showing everyone that we are finally getting snow. We had flurries nearly all day, some wind, and in the afternoon, temperatures began to fall sharply from the 20's and are now in the single numbers - my thermometer is reading five above.

The roads are treacherous and there were at least a couple of accidents, one on Rt. 15 involving a tractor trailer, I was told, and we heard on the scanner that a woman was "in the water and pretty cold, but okay". This came over the scanner, but then we didn't hear anything more. We saw lots of rescue vehicles going by from Cabot and Walden. They go by our house when there are accidents on Rt. 2, quite often in the curves from Brookside Statuary near Molly's Pond through to West Danville. So that is the bad news. The good news is that we're finally getting some snow and cold weather so both the snow and the ice should stay in place now until spring. Some people were beginning to wonder if we'd be able to get the block out for the contest. I think it's safe to say things are getting back to normal around here.

No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...