Sunday, January 07, 2007

Today I'm posting some of the pictures Fred and I took this morning. If I didn't know better I'd say it was April. West Shore Road is wet and slightly muddy with only a few icy patches - mostly gravel showing. Hardly any snow, even in the woods. The ice near our dock is pulling away with water showing here and there and the ice looked to be about four inches thick. Looking up the pond from our dock we could almost believe spring is here. The patterns on the ice are beautiful and it's very quiet - not like mid-winter when the air under the ice creates loud booms and rumbles. We enjoyed the walk - saw lots of birds that seemed to be happy about the weather, too, and really, really enjoyed the sunshine. I hope you like the pictures.

No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...