Monday, June 19, 2006

LOTS OF ITEMS TONIGHT!
(Like my garden, the list grows and grows!)

This afternoon I sent out an e-mail message to all JPA members regarding membership dues to be paid by July 1, the rapidly dwindling stock of cookbooks (so if you don't have yours, better contact someone on the committee - see my post on 6/12), but Evelyn has contacted me to say the book committee decided NOT to reserve books, so you need to be here to get one, or have someone else physically get it for you.

I also mentioned in that e-mail we have added a new item of interest on the home page. You'll find it just below the News Blog, and it's called "News About Passports." It may seem a bit odd that we thought this is important to people at Joe's Pond, but we are so close to the border with Canada, people from here often go to Montreal to shop, see a play, visit museums or the botanical gardens, or to gamble. Whatever the reason you cross into Canada, it has become necessary to have a passport. So if you're planning a trip across the border, better get your passport. Instructions are on the home page.

I mentioned a few blogs back that I've been working with the Cabot Historical Society recently. There are lots of interesting displays at the Main Street Historical Society building next to the church. Bonnie Dannenberg is our new president and she and other members will be working there several days each week, so the building will be open. We welcome visitors whenever the building is open. If you're going by to go to the creamery for their tour, or just passing through and see activity at the CHS building, stop in to say hello. We hope to have a research corner set up soon, and we also have some very interesting programs lined up for later this summer. The building is always open on July 4th - I'll be there at least part of the day, and I hope to see some of you then. Come watch the parade, see your neighbors, and step back in time by visiting our exhibits.

There was a notice in today's Caledonian Record about the Vietnam and Korean era veterans' memorial dedication taking place in Cabot on Sunday at 2 p.m. The public is encouraged to join in honoring those men and women from Cabot for their service to our country. I hope you will be there.


No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...