Wednesday, April 05, 2006


IT'S SPRING?

Around noon yesterday the weather turned sour and a wet snow began to fall. This morning we had three or four inches, but some areas got much more. Eeverything was white - again. The Town of Cabot plowed (they worked the roads by here only last week!) and now we have a mixture of mud and snow and slush. But when this snow goes, underneath will be revealed sweet green grass and the roads will be dry!

The picture above is the view this morning from my deck overlooking West Shore Road and Joe's Pond. That white space in the center is the pond between Channel Drive area and the big island, and in the foreground you can barely make out the Randall house across the road from us. We can't see much of it from this angle, but the channel is open and ducks and geese are frequent visitors. I don't know where all the robins from last week went, but I'm sure they'll be back in a few days, after the snow is gone.

I had a message from Homer last night. Here's what he wrote:

I was sitting in Elsie's chair yesterday [Monday] and visiting on the phone. Looking out the back window I saw 2 moose strolling down Edgewood Ave. toward the access area. I went out to take some pictures. At the first flash of the camera they moved up the access area driveway toward Route 2. Stayed on grass about 100 feet to the west and then crossed Route 2 and went into the woods. Elsie sure would like to have been sitting there to see them.

Kevin fixed the clock connection and reset it to Daylight time Sun. afternoon. Also measured the ice and still 16 inches out there by the pallet after Saturday's heavy rain. Great weather ? ? Homer.

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...