Thursday, July 18, 2024

On Roast Pork & Reading

 Mary Anne Cassani reminded me of the Roast Pork Dinner coming up at the Joe's Pond Pavilion on Saturday, July 27th. This is traditionally a really great dinner - I wouldn't miss it!! In order for the chef to make his/her plans, Mary Anne is asking that reservations be in by Tuesday, July 23rd. Please call her at: 802-684-2195. See you there!

While we were talking, Mary Anne told me about a visit she had while at the little Brainerd Library near the beach. Hannah Substack visited our little library in West Danville recently and told Mary Anne it was the 100th one on her list. She is on a quest to knit in all of Vermont's libraries. She spent some time there, chatted with Mary Anne and knitting (!) and later shared the post on her blog, Knitting in Libraries. It's a unique approach to visiting libraries - I don't think of knitting as the usual activity in a library, but they serve many purposes these days, and why not go there to knit!? I can certainly understand librarians taking their knitting with them when they are on duty, so why not patrons, as well?

Last February, Hannah visited the North Danville library, the North Danville Charles E. Brainerd Library.

I needed to go to Danville this morning. I hadn't been over the construction for a while and today they were working along the flat by Point Comfort. There was a very deep trench down the middle of the road, and it seemed they were building the road up so it will be considerably higher than it was before.  I am very impressed with the way the curves between Point Comfort and West Shore Road are now widened and banked. There will also be a rumble strip in the center of the highway. I think it will be much safer traveling that route. 

Someone recently asked about a bike lane, and I went to the VTrans website, but I don't see anything specific about a bike lane. However, with extended shoulders and the road bed widened considerably, it will certainly be much safer for cyclists. 

 

No comments:

Catching Up

I've been fairly quiet on my blog recently and it's time to catch up on things. Autumn seems to be an unusually busy time - I usuall...