Monday, April 17, 2023

Still Still Waiting, And An Icy Plunge!

 No visible change - this all takes time!








However, Sunday was a pretty nice day, and for some, a good day to take a swim in Joe's Pond! Bob MacLeod (North Shore Road) sent this photo of his son, Thomas, warming up in the sun after a swim among ice floes in the cove by their camp. Bob said the ice surrounding open water was really solid. I can't imagine being in water as cold as it must be right now, and once out, I think I'd have a hard time plunging back in to get back to shore. Apparently Thomas made it just fine, though.

This reminds me of when the Chatots used to take an early plunge into the pond, many years ago. I expect there are photos in the blog archives - and Kate would probably remember what years that happened. Nobody has undertaken such a cold dip since, as far as I know. Until now.

Congratulations, Thomas! You are the earliest recorded swimmer in Joe's Pond this year!


No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...