Thursday, March 24, 2022

 When I was cleaning out some old files the other day, I came across this clipping. I have no idea what year  it was, or even what newspaper it came from, but I'm guessing  perhaps it was in one of the Ann Lander's "Ask Amy" columns, and the year might have been sometime in the 1970s. I smiled when I read it and tucked it into my pocket for some future blog - so ladies, here it is:

How to Preserve a Husband

First, use care in selection. Get one that is not too young, but tender and healthy. If you choose one recklessly, it may not keep.

Dont put in hot water. this makes them turn sour.

Sweeten with smiles, and spice with patience. All varieties will respond.

To ensure a wonderful consistency, stir gently over a low flame and don't leave unattended for long periods of time.

To add a delicious flavor, sprinkle generously with praise and appreciation.

The poorest specimen may be improved if you follow these instructions and will keep for an unlimited number of years in any climate. ----Tested by Yours Truly

Dear Truly: I'd like to add one small suggestion: Frequent exposure to cold temperatures has been known to damage this dish permanently. Keep a small, steady flame going at all times.

________________________

I hope this made you smile, whether you are a husband, a wife, or a single. Under the humor there is some sage advice for any relationship, and would certainly apply as a recipe for preserving a wife or best friend - or even your children! 

No comments:

Spring Mix!

I started this a couple days ago but got kind of busy and never got back to it. I had posted about the Route 2 construction, but that notice...