Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Cooler Weather, Still Wet

 It has been a totally clammy day. It started out kind of muggy, but then turned cooler as the showers slowly retreated. I had a dental appointment in Lyndonville and I had a variety of weather on the way there. Mostly it was dreary with occasional sprinkles, but the sun did poke through the clouds very briefly a couple of times. The air was heavy, and at the dental office they had the AC going full blast. It was so cold in there I had to ask them to turn the darned thing down, which they did; but next time I go I'm going to be prepared and wear extra layers AND I'm thinking one of my warm fleece wraps.

I'm still "thawing out" after having deep scaling done. I can tell I'm going to be pretty sore once all the feeling comes back, so I'm going to make mac 'n cheese for my supper. It's my go-to comfort food, plus it's nice and soft. I haven't had any for a while and need to replenish my stock for the freezer. It's nice to just take out a small carton and in a couple of minutes I'm enjoying a nice supper with a glass of wine.

Speaking of supper - there is another benefit supper at the Cabot church tomorrow evening. Here's the scoop:  When: Jul 22, 2021, 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM; Barbecued pulled pork, baked beans, salad, roll and dessert. Take-out only - by Donation. Cabot United Church, Info --> 563-2715.

Then, don't forget the Italian Dinner at the Joe's Pond pavilion on Saturday beginning with cocktail hour at 5 and the meal around 6. The menu is BBQ chicken, mostaccioli, salad, rolls and eclair; tickets are $16.

My carpenters put in a good day today - no rain to contend with, but they did run into more wasps, this time behind the vinyl siding. One of the wasps got under Curt's shirt and gave him a good nip! I heard an expletive or two, but no significant harm was done. He is fortunately not allergic to insect
stings.  Between the snakes and wasps, there is no end of excitement! I took a picture after Randy and Curt left tonight to mark their progress. I'm really liking how it's shaping up. The skirt on the deck is really nice and Randy even brought me a screened door to look at. It is going to be perfect - not fancy, but totally functional. I'm thinking of using some of the big stones out of the wall we took down for steps to the back yard. I don't expect that door will get a lot of use, and I really don't want anything elaborate. I think those big stones would work. If not those, I'm sure we can find plenty of others on the property! They seem to grow substantially every year and crop up where you least expect them.

I'm finally getting more or less warmed up - I've had a heavy sweater on all afternoon. But then, I've been pretty quiet, reading and researching some family history, but when I go into the kitchen and begin working at the stove, I'll get really warm. Looking forward to that!

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...