Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Change in Weather and Lifestyle

 We have a new coating of snow this morning - a boon for the deer hunters, skiers and boarders, but headaches for some of the rest of us driving in it and shoveling it. However, nearing the end of November, we expect it, and it would be an unusual year without it.

It seems that lifestyles need to change a bit as we edge into winter. The virus is picking up, even in the very rural areas of Vermont and with the Thanksgiving holiday approaching, there will be people coming here or going elsewhere and returning - possibly carrying the virus to make things worse. It's difficult to stay home, but far more difficult to be facing the holidays without a loved one. That I know personally - Fred's passing was not because of the virus, but when you lose someone you love, blame doesn't matter much. 

I'm missing Fred every day. His obituary was in the paper yesterday, and I still can't make it seem real that he's gone. The many messages I've received from friends and family are so kind and caring, I can't tell you how much I appreciate that so many have taken the time to reach out to me and our family. Thank you all, it helps to know you are thinking of us.

No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...