Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Whale Tails and Apple Picking!

 I have a couple of things to share with you today. My friend, Mary, who lives in Randolph, sent me this video about the Whale Tails sculptures just outside of Randolph and visible from I-89. There is another pair just outside of Burlington on I-89, as well, and there's an interesting story about these unusual sculptures. Briefly, the original tails were carved in granite and were placed first at Randolph, then moved to the outskirts of Burlington when the land they were on was sold. Years later, the artist was asked to do a replacement, which he did, but used a different medium, bronze. My friend, Mary, has photographed the Randolph sculptures numerous times, and they are beautiful, unexpected, and unique. I enjoyed learning more about their history.

The other little story I wanted to share some photos my friend from Long Island sent after she and her family spent a weekend at their second home here about a week ago. They visited Burtt's Apple Farm in Cabot and picked apples with their children and grandchildren. The orchards have been busy this fall, the apples are plentiful, and the cider doughnuts the absolute best!! 


No comments:

April Showers

Our April Showers are darned cold this morning. My outside temperature reading is 37.5F and there is a bit of wind out of the NW. It isn'...